It’s National Coconut Day! National Coconut Day was established in 2019 and has an official designation from National Day Calendar .
Looking for ways to celebrate? We’ve listed some terrific recipes and restaurants offering coconut. And, we’d love to hear about your favorite coconut recipes/products/songs!
- Coconut ice cream https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/coconut-ice-cream-recipe/
- Coconut Sesame Noodle Bowl: https://www.nutiva.com/blogs/recipes/coconut-sesame-noodle-bowl
- Gluten-free lemon coconut cookies https://carringtonfarms.com/gluten-free-lemon-cookies/
- Carrot Cake Pancakes https://www.coconutoilcooking.com/coconut-oil-blog-posts/carrot-cake-pancakes/
Restaurants and Bars with great coconut recipes
- Almondy Joy Martini – Conch Republic Seafood Company, Key West – https://conchrepublicseafood.com/drink-menu – Rumhaven Coconut Rum and Frangelico
- Be Nice Punch – Coconuts, Fort Lauderdale – https://www.coconutsfortlauderdale.com/menus-2020/ – Don Q Silver, Don Q Coconut, OJ, Cranberry, Pineapple (Also have a Coconut Cheesecake)
- Ka Nom Krok – Sticky Rice Thai, Chicago – https://orderonlinemenu.com/stickyricethai – Thai coconut hot cake, coconut cream, flour, sugar, salt
- Coconut Cream Pie Concrete – Scooter’s Frozen Custard, Chicago – https://www.scootersfrozencustard.com/menu – Vanilla Custard, Coconut, Graham Cracker Pie Crust blended and topped with Whipped Cream
- 12-layer Ultimate Coconut Cake – Peninsula Grill, Charleston – https://www.peninsulagrill.com/main/menu – Coconut Anglaise and Strawberries
- Cha Cha Coconuts (namesake drink) – Cha Cha Coconuts (a tropical bar and grill) Sarasota – https://chacha-coconuts.com/main-menu/ – Coco Lopez, guava nectar, pineapple juice, Bacardi Black Rum and grenadine
- Pitaya Bowl – Lanikai Juice, Hawaii – https://www.lanikaijuice.com/menu/bowls/ – Organic Pitaya, Coconut Water, Coconut Milk, Banana, Strawberry. Topped with Granola, Banana, Blueberries, Strawberries, Coconut Chips, Mango. Also an Açai Colada, and a Wellness and Coconut section in the https://www.lanikaijuice.com/menu/smoothies/ .
- Real Coconut Quesadillas – Real Coconut Conscious Kitchens, Malibu, Tulum, LA – https://cdn.userway.org/remediations/pdf/588/b21a019a57034e9e.pdf – Coconut flour tortillas filled with our melted coconut cheese, served with tomatillo salsa
- Pandan Toast – Wazuzu, Las Vegas – https://www.wynnlasvegas.com/menus/wazuzu/main – White Bread, Pandan Jam, Coconut Ice Cream, Pandan Milk, Toasted Coconut
- Coconut Rum French Toast – Miss B’s Coconut Club, Mission Beach, Cali – https://www.missbcoconutclub.com/food-and-cocktails#menu=miss-bs-food-and-drink&item=coconut-rum-french-toast – kolache toast, miss b’s house rum, powdered sugar, toasted coconut, mango berry syrup, fresh berries
- Pina Verde, Polite Provisions, San Diego – https://politeprovisions.com/menu/ Green Chartreuse, Coconut, Pineapple and Lime
Happy National Coconut Day!
National Coconut Day Specials
Are you running any specials for National Coconut Day. Let us know and we’ll add your company to the list.
- Carrington Farms is donating 10% of coconut oil sales and giving you 10% off. Shop and get more info>>
Support Coconut Farmers and Their Families for National Coconut Day!
- Despite having “nut” as part of its name, coconuts aren’t nuts at all—they are drupes
- Every single part of a coconut tree can be used making it a very sustainable crop
- Coconut husk can be burned and used to repel mosquitos
- Coconut oil contains lauric acid which gives it anti-viral and anti-fungal properties
- Some celebrities who love coconut: Mandy Moore, Emma Watson, Tom Brady, Gwyneth Paltrow, Mindy Kaling